Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Red Carpet! Opening Night

It is 1AM and we are just eating and starting the partying. My last post, I was so sorrily incorrect on the time.. I ended up having less than an hour to get ready. I found out what time it REALLY was, at the pool when discussing the nights festivities. Yikes!! I pulled it off however, and I can't wait to see pictures and videos. It was televised live here in DR and surrounding countries.. where I was on the green carpet, their version of red carpet. SO much fun. I had a rockstar moment.

Prior to the carpet, we had a pre-party gathering where I greeted El Presidente once more, met and took pictures with Sammy Sosa, Benicio del Toro, and Barry Bonds. The General also discussed possibly taking a tour this week of the Dominican to show the sights, from the mountains to the beaches, complete with a spread of cultural DR food. Un-believable.

I digress.. the ceremony was beautiful, honoring reknown film guru Arturo Rodriguez Fernandez, famous actress Claudia Cardinale, Benicio del Toro, and more. We then watched a 2 hour film in the National Theater, o Teatro Nacional.. Woman and Child. Great movie, and an extremely impressive cast. Directed by Rodrigo Garcia, included a cast of Samuel L Jackson, Annette Benning, Naomi Watts, Kerry Washington, and Amy Brenneman of Private Practice. You can look up the trailer actually.

NOW we are on to the eating and partying it up. Meringue will be breaking hips this evening. I just ate and came to the room to powder up.. now I must head back down to either say my good-nights - HA, no no.. they wouldn't let me sneak away that easily.. and early. 


Party on, party people. . the Festival has been kicked off royally! More to come!